CFAES Give Today
OSU Extension

College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences

CFAES

Site

Search results

1. Meet Ashley Bergman: 2024 CFAES Distinguished Senior

that I could combine my passion for agriculture with my engineering mindset, and when I found out that ... for me.  What has your undergraduate experience been like? Aside from my early years when classes were ... also challenge yourself to try something new. You never know when a new experience or someone you meet ...

2. Meet Zachary Johnson: 2024 CFAES Distinguished Senior

Systems Management Major from New Albany, Ohio.  WHY DID YOU CHOOSE FABE? I love working with my hands and ... with some friends. WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR UNDERGRADUATES IN FABE? My advice is to get to know the ... solving problems and working with my hands. I could not be happier with my choice, and although I will be ...

3. March Is The Time To Prepare Crops- And Get In On Coyote Research

1000 gallons.  How much you should apply will rely on you getting an analysis of the manure you want to ... You have been so swamped with work that time gets away from you, or you are anticipating something ... working our way through the month of March and there is still some waiting to do before we should hit the ...

4. Preparing farms for the solar eclipse

supplies should be planned for the days around the event when travel and deliveries may be delayed. It is ... possible, remove battery cables off batteries or install a battery disconnect switch.  Special care should ... when not in use.    Lock all shops and storage buildings, especially areas where pesticides are ...

5. Hobby Maple Syrup Production

too deep. Now it is time to examine the shavings. They should be the color of new wood, an off white. ... F-36 Agriculture and Natural Resources 03/20/2024 Reviewed by: Les Ober, Educator, Agriculture and ... when maple producers in Ohio and other parts of northeastern North America tap maple trees to collect ...

6. Faces of Ohio 4-H — Hannah Thompson

that ending anytime soon. “After starting the club, my grandparents served as advisors until my parents ... constantly encouraging my kids to get involved in 4-H. It’s a great way to build a strong foundation for any ... member, my family has always said we bleed green,” said Thompson. Growing up, she was a member of the Town ...

7. Safe Sitter Offered!

Safe Sitter Essentials Designed to prepare students to be safe when they’re home alone, watching ... exercises. Students even get to use manikins to practice rescue skills like choking rescue! June 4, 2024  ... Kit. Students should bring a lunch. Registration is required as space is limited. Click to Register ...

8. Live Healthy Live Well Blog

dice or spin the wheel. Setting the expectations: When anyone goes somewhere or does something new it ... Sciences, Medina County   Why Run, When You Can Walk? March 19, 2024 by  bandy52 I want to move my body ... when seeking new places to walk is by checking out your local park district or website for a map of all ...

9. CFAES dean recognized in celebration of Women’s History Month

greatest successes have been my efforts to support people. Really get to know yourself and what you have to ... embracing one’s identity in the field.  Embracing my identity: A woman’s journey in agriculture During my ... formative years, I grew up on a farm in southeast Iowa, where my family raised sheep. During the summers, my ...

10. Meet Kyle Northup: 2024 CFAES Distinguished Senior

and his plans for after graduation! WHY DID YOU CHOOSE FABE? I chose my major because I wasn’t sure ... UNDERGRADUATE EXPERIENCE BEEN LIKE? My experience in this department has been wonderful. I have been able to ... ARE YOUR PLANS FOR AFTER GRADUATION? After graduating, I plan to find a job somewhere in southeast ...

Pages