By Eric Richer, OSU Extension Educator
The annual Corn/Soybean Day program is scheduled for January 24th at Sauder Farm and Craft Village’s Founders Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Optional CORE & Category 6 sessions for pesticide applicator credits are available from 3:45 to 5:15 pm). The program has a variety of speakers and 28 exhibitors sharing information on management practices for the 2013 crop production season.
Topics for the day include:
- Managing Corn Following a Drought Year – Dr. Emerson Nafziger, Professor of Crop Sciences and Extension Agronomist, University of Illinois
- Weed Disasters: Top 10 Ways to Avoid Being a Statistic – Harold Watters, OSU Extension Field Specialist, Agronomic Crops
- Soybean Health, Insect/Disease Update – Dr. Anne Dorrance, OARDC, Soybean Specialist
- Soil Factors for High Yields – Greg LaBarge, OSU Extension Field Specialist, Agronomic Crops
In addition, exhibitors from seed and input suppliers, banking, crop insurance, grain marketing and the machinery industry will be on site to share information about products and programs.
The following continuing education credits for pesticide applicators are offered throughout the day:
- *Private: 1 hour CORE, 2 hours Category 1, ½ hour Category 6
- *Commercial: 1 hour 2A, 1 hour 2C
- *Michigan: 4 hours total credit
- *Certified Crop Advisers: 4 hours total credit
Pre-registration is $25 and is requested by January 15th. At the door registrations are $45 and available on a limited basis. A more detailed agenda and registration information can be found at http://fulton.osu.edu. Contact Eric Richer, Extension Educator, Agriculture & Natural Resources 419-337-9210 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.