Feb
8

Northern Ohio New & Small Farm College

Are you looking to do some farming on a small acreage, interested in local foods or looking for some new enterprises for your family farm operation then plan to attend the Northern Ohio New & Small Farm College being offered by The Ohio State University Extension.

How do I get started in planning for success? What options are there for growing vegetables or livestock? How do I market what I grow? What resources exist to help me pursue my business plans? These are the four essential questions that will be answered in the four sessions. Don’t miss this chance to increase your agricultural knowledge.

Sessions will be held once a week for four weeks during March, 2011. Each session will start at 6:30 pm until 9:00 pm. There are 2 locations to choose from. The Putnam County Extension office in Ottawa Ohio will be the site on Mondays, March 7, 14, 21 & 28. EHOVE Career Center in Milan Ohio will be the site on Tuesdays, March 8, 15, 22, & 29. The same program is offered at each site.

Cost is $50 with each additional registrant from the family or operation at $30. The fee includes course notebook, class handouts, and light refreshments. Registration deadline is March 1, 2011.

To register contact Greg LaBarge at- telephone 419-337-9210 or e-mail labarge.1@osu.edu.  More information about this program is available on the http://fulton.osu.edu/events/northern-ohio-new-small-farm-college.